There are some specific and non specific medical guidelines for who qualifies for MUMS Card certification in Hawaii (Blue Card). There are clear cases, such as glaucoma, cancer, HIV/AIDS, cachexia, and others that qualify for certification; while other less defined instances, such as severe pain, severe nausea, severe and persistent muscle spasms also qualify under state law.

In order to qualify for a card you need to be a Hawaii resident with a form of valid identification that confirms your residency. This can be a driver’s license or state ID. If you don’t have one of these forms of ID, you can present a passport or other photo ID and proof of residency, like a Hawaii phone or electric bill with your name on it.

Minors, under the age of 18, are able get a license, but they must be accompanied by their legal guardians to the physician’s assessment.